Wednesday 13 April 2011

An Interview with NU YOU

Thank you Alicia and Nu You magazine for the write up on Gallo by Thian, The Gardens. Alicia was wearing a nice tweed jacket that is sweet and yet professional. It was easy talking to her and we had a long chat. 




One of her question was why did i choose to be a fashion designer? 
It made me think of something bad i did when i was in college. I always wanted to be a fashion designer but my dream shattered when my dad insisted on practical subjects such as marketing...bla bla bla. I followed his order but kept failing in every subject :p 

I couldn't stand being the least-bright one in class and decided to secretly enroll in a fashion design course without his knowledge. He found out only on my convocation day. I remember him asking, why is the fashion show so long and when is the graduation ceremony starting? Then i confessed. He was speechless and shocked. Finally when they announce that I won the best collection, my dad cheered and jumped. I guess my passion and hard work have changed his mind and from that day onwards he gave me his full support in my fashion career path. Thank you Daddy!


 Khoon Hooi was one of the judge. Lol, look at the hair and make up on the model.




                             I was wearing
                                    dress & hairband - gallo by thian 
                                    heels - Tommy Hilfiger


NU YOU Magazine

Alicia ended by buying some of my creations after the interview. Yes, keep supporting the local designers!

2 comments:

  1. You've really got guts! To enroll in a fashion course without your dad knowing - I think that's amazing story on pursuing what you love to do.

    Good luck Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mia. I was young and wasn't thinking alot on the consequences. Thank god it all turn out well. Hope to see you soon Mia.

    ReplyDelete