Tuesday 3 May 2011

Visiting the Shoe workshop and etc.

Introducing a shoe workshop i discovered in the rural areas, thanks to the Thai-Chinese uncle in my previous post. We have visited a few but they only do wooden clogs and some thai traditional designs. This one is actually a home workshop where only 5 shoemakers are stationed at the moment. As our order per design is minimal with the best workmanship requirement, not many are willing to manufacture for us. Let me check their workmanship and hopefully we can work together.

From stitching to putting on glue, they are all carefully done by hand. Now lets hope they can do my designs.

Next stop, to get food and lots of food! I have a very bad habit. I start my day with a cup of coffee and eat nothing else until i finish what i want to do or find. A lot of the time it will be in the late afternoon or night. I am usually very happy and excited after work as i get to feed my growling tummy. My 1st stop for today is Greyhound cafe in Paragon.

Creative Hanging Lamps

Victor loves this fresh salmon with spices.

But i like this "gaeng luang" sour and extremely spicy.


Mussel and clam soup.

Yeah!!! Shopping time! Victor alway buys more than me. Lol

 He bought this shirt and wore it straight away. He claims that the material is cooling as BKK is really hot now. Haha

I bought a long shirt dress, to match with my daughter :)
:)
2 Cute clowns at the Thai Airway event.

Thai Young designer's collection in Mob.F.

  Launch of a new collection when we were in Mob.F.  


 I got hungry again after walking around so much + the hot weather, i went to buy my favorite spicy bamboo shoot but.........

All sold! I was upset and disappointed as that was my last night.  

Good thing i remember another place nearby that serves my favorite somtam.
Everybody queuing outside Somtam Noi.
 Somtam with salted eggs. Thumbs up
 sticky rice and spicy mushroom soup
.. mmmm..lol
Fried chicken wings...lol

Happy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment